0 Facebook Reddit
You can take screenshots and record a video of your viewing , if you want to show others what it's like to use Apple Vision Pro. Here's how to create media from what you can see inside the headset.
When you help other people complete tasks or offer them information you have, you can usually share it using a screenshot. Just like you can take a screenshot or record a video of your iPhone screen to show it to someone else, you can do the same with Apple Vision Pro.
Multimedia you can create
The VisionOS interface offers the ability to capture both screenshots and video of your viewing in the headset.
Screenshots are static images, so their size is relatively smaller than videos. They're also much easier to edit before sending to someone, for example by adding arrows or a circle indicating where the recipient should look.
Screen recordings create larger files because they are videos, but they can be more informative than a screenshot for demonstrating a complete multi-step task or animated feature.
When you take a screenshot or recording, everything you see in Apple Vision Pro's field of view will be part of the image or video. This includes the VisionOS interface itself, your physical environment in an end-to-end view, virtual environments, and open applications.
There are exceptions to what you see that will not be included. To begin with, if you enter a password or password, your view will be hidden for obvious security reasons.
Copyright-protected media, such as streaming movies protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM), will also be disabled to prevent piracy.
How to take pictures on the Apple Vision Pro itself
Apple Vision Pro users can easily take both screenshots and screen recordings without much effort.
How to take a photo screen in Apple Vision Pro
- Press the Digital Crown and Top button at the same time.
- Alternatively, you can say strong>”Siri , take a screenshot.”
- The screenshot will be automatically saved in Photos.
How to capture video of your screen on Apple Vision Pro
- Open Control Center, tap toggle iconto open additional settings, then press the round Record button.
- To stop recording, press the Record button again or tap red status barat the top of the screen, then pressStop. .
- The video will be automatically saved in photos.
Capture Apple Vision Pro using Xcode
Developers may want to capture videos and screenshots from VisionOS via a Mac, perhaps as images for inclusion in the App Store for Apple Vision Pro. Because of this feature, Apple allows developers to do this through Xcode.
You'll first need to pair Apple Vision Pro with Xcode itself before you can capture with it.
How to connect Apple Vision Pro to Xcode on Mac
- Make sure Apple Vision Pro and Mac are connected to the same Bonjour-compatible Wi-Fi connection.
- In VisionOS, open Settings, then select General, then Remote devices for LAN broadcast.
- In Xcode on Mac, select Apple Vision Pro from the list in the Devices & Simulators window and click the Pair button.
- A code will appear on the Apple Vision Pro display. Type it into Xcode.
How to take pictures Apple Vision Pro screen and video in Xcode
- Launch Xcode.
- From the menu bar, select Xcode, then Open Developer Tool, and then Reality Composer Pro.
- In Reality Composer Pro, from the menu bar, select File, then Developer Capture.
- In the Developer Capture dialog, use the drop-down list to select the paired Apple Vision Pro.
- To take a screenshot, tap the camera icon, the leftmost of the two icons. Press Space to take a screenshot immediately, or use the Countdown option to take a delayed screenshot. Press Square to exit screenshot mode.
- To start recording video, click the video camera icon. Once the countdown begins, a one-minute video of the user's actions will be recorded.
Video is recorded as a QuickTime .mov file at 30 frames per second using 10-bit HEVC in HDTV Rec. 709 color space and 32-bit linear floating point PCM audio. Videos and images are saved to your Mac desktop.