TECH

'Foundation' Cast and Crew Sent Home Due to Production Delay

Foundation Poster (Source: Apple TV+)

x.com

Apple TV+ drama Foundation was set to resume filming on third season, but production has been halted while issues including budget cuts are discussed.

Production on the third season of The Foundation has already been interrupted by the Writers Guild, and the actors union SAG-AFTRA has announced a strike in 2023.

Production was expected to resume this month, with about two-thirds of the season still to be filmed, according to Deadline. However, the cast and crew who arrived in Prague and Poland for filming have reportedly been sent home.

Deadline says unspecified production issues are being worked through, as well as budget cuts. It was previously reported that Apple TV+ is spending $5 million per series, with each season having 10 episodes.

Moving a start date after booking cast, crew and at least some location logistics with everything from cameras to hotels obviously comes at a cost. So, it's likely that the show's budget cuts could be significant.

If this is the case, then it is likely that the series will require rewrites, which could mean a significant delay in production.

In addition, Apple TV+ drama “The Bunker” was also halted during production due to strikes, but has resumed filming for its second season. Star and executive producer Rebecca Ferguson said filming is scheduled to wrap on March 8, 2024.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *